Hiring a wedding videographer who will film your special day is just as important as hiring a caterer who will feed your guests, a photographer who will capture precious snapshots of you, and a DJ who will provide the music. But just like with the other important personnel that help to make your wedding day a success, it can be difficult to find the person who will get the videography job done right. Luckily, we have compiled a list of tips that will make the process much easier and less stressful!
- Know your budget. For all wedding-related people and services you have to hire, making a choice that is in your financial reach is the most important tip. With a videographer, it's important to find the right balance between expensive and cheap so that you get quality videos to look back on and still have enough money to spend on other things.
- Find someone near your venue. Choosing a videographer who lives close to your venue will allow them to steer clear of any traffic-, weather-, or time-related mishaps on the wedding day. You can rest assured that your videographer will be able to get there, and get there quick--without you having to constantly and anxiously check your watch.
- Know their schedule. An overbooked videographer might have more than one wedding to shoot in a day and try to film as quick as possible to move on to their next venue. If this is the case, you run the risk of not getting the full attention or time that your wedding video deserves.
- Visualize the finished product. What do you know that you do and don't want filmed at the wedding?--the bouquet toss, people eating, the best man's toast? Make sure that your videographer understands what you want and what your vision is, and that they can make your dream a reality.
- Ask for demos. Seeing what your potential videographer has done in the past at other people's weddings is the best foundation to start on. You'll be able to see what you like or dislike about their work, and decide whether their personal filming style is what you want for your own wedding.
- Discuss editing options. Is editing included in your package, and if so, how long does it take? Will you get your wedding video in a timely fashion? Can your videographer make your video look like a 1920's silent film or an interview-style documentary about your special day? These are all important questions to ask before locking in your choice.
- Find out what kind of cameras and lighting will be used. You need to know if and how the videographer's equipment might affect the party and whether or not you must accommodate it at the venue. Generally, wireless and light-sensitive cameras are your best bet--you don't want cables lying around that pose a tripping hazard or bright lights that will distract the guests.
- Know the format you will receive your video in. Make sure that you have viewing equipment that is compatible with the format of the video you will be receiving from your videographer. Otherwise, you may have to pay extra to buy a special player just to watch what they filmed!
- Have them coordinate with your camera crew. Finding a videographer who is willing to meet with your photographer is ideal, because the two can plan their strategy and work around each other. There is nothing worse than a wedding video that is full of flashes from the photographer's camera in the background.
- Pick someone who is fun and friendly! Sure, camera, lighting, editing, and format specifications are extremely important. But even if all of these requirements are met, a wedding video might not reach its full potential. To ensure the complete package, choose a people-friendly videographer who will make your guests feel comfortable and natural being filmed, let them be themselves, and elicit conversational answers to questions.
Don't hesitate to contact us for answers to any questions that you may have about your wedding and how New Hope Soap can help add to this very special time in your life.
New Hope Soap – Unique gift ideas for Wedding Favors, Wedding Gifts, Bridesmaids Gifts. Great gift ideas for the women in your life – gifts for Mom for Mother’s day, for anniversaries, birthdays or just because! Personalized gift ideas for your Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sisters, and so much more. Let New Hope Soap help you find that perfect personalized gift for that special someone, with the touch of the luxury lifestyle.